Peter G. Korytnyk’s expertise in intellectual property law includes over seven years of service as a patent examiner at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office where he examined U.S. and PCT patent applications in the mechanical and electro-mechanical arts. This work included pumps, compressors, electrical pump controls, valves, as well as other related technologies.
After leaving the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Mr. Korytnyk worked for many years as an attorney at law firms in the Washington, DC area. His practice has included opinion matters, patent counseling, and the preparation and prosecution of domestic, PCT, and foreign patent applications.
Mr. Korytnyk has successfully obtained patent protection for various industry-leading clients such as BMW, DaimlerChrysler, Porsche, Stanley Black & Decker, ABB, and Hitachi, as well as other U.S., foreign, and multi-national corporations.
- Catholic University of America, J.D., 1998
- Syracuse University, B.S. Mechanical Engineering, 1990
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (Registration No. 43,400)
- Patent Lawyers Club of Washington D.C.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Ukrainian American Bar Association